Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day of 1st Grade

Well, here goes nothing...I didn't think it would affect me so profoundly, but it did and has - my baby rode the bus to school for his first day of first grade. Nick had always driven him to school last year for kindergarten. (The school is two minutes from our house.) Cole chose to ride the bus and did not want his Dad to take him. He is a big kid now, you know. After Nick and I put him on the bus, I lost it. As Nick said 'let the waterfalls begin'. I am feeling better throughout today because of my best friend, my husband. I am still anxious, sad, and whatever emotions arise at any moment, but it is apart of the package of being a mom that I really didn't get to bargain for. I will never understand how my mom did it for all those years.

Here are some pictures of Mr. Man on his first day of school. And by the way, he had no fear about today.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Charissa. Isn't it amazing how much letting go you have to do as your little ones grow? They're like-what's the big deal? This is exciting!! I'm sorry it was such a rough day for you, but I'm glad you had your rock to lean on!! And yeah on Cole loving school!!
Kristy

Jessica said...

Hey Charissa!

Kristy gave me your blog address - yeah! It is great to get caught up on your life. Congrats on the new one on the way and it is great to see Cole!

Love Jessica T.